Think Energy To Offer Residential Customers Advanced Machine Learning Insights Via Smart Thermostats
Grid4C said today it has been selected by ENGIE to enhance the smart thermostat offering provided by ENGIE's Think Energy brand to residential customers in competitive electricity markets.
Think Energy will offer advanced machine learning insights through its own Think Energy branded app, which will give customers the ability to optimize their smart thermostat efficiency settings, be alerted to inefficiencies and faults with their home appliances, and see the impact to their energy bills in real time from any changes they make to their thermostat settings.
"We can now deliver more value from smart meters and smart thermostats and show customers which appliances are inefficient and faulty, as well as how they can save money on their energy bills in real time. We expect these services to improve customer loyalty and generate improved profitability for ENGIE and our Think Energy brand," said Joel Elkins, Vice President of R&D and Product Development with Think Energy.
Capabilities through an app will include:
• Optimize smart thermostat settings and simulate how any thermostat setting changes will impact the customer’s forecasted energy bill;
• Alert customers when inefficient or faulty home appliances are detected for major home appliances and home envelope issues;
• Predict and diagnose HVAC faults;
• Present customers with energy use and costs on a monthly, daily, or hourly basis; and
• Alert customers when deviations from their usage patterns are detected